We are currently seeking Health Care Assistants to work in a variety of establishments across the North East. We currently cover Hospitals, Nursing Homes and other private services. We are looking for flexible staff able to travel and adapt to new environments.
Main duties Include:
- To be responsible for the well being, i.e. the physical, emotional and social need of the service users in a caring, kind and respectful manner, preserving dignity and self respect at all times.
- To provide the highest standards of holistic care and attention for the service users.
- Act as a key-worker for a group of service users under the guidance of a registered nurse/care manager.
- To assist in maintaining safe levels of care and ensuring safe practise.
- To assist in maintaining accurate records in accordance with registration and legal requirements.
- Staff training and mandatory training will be carried out by Pathways Care & Recruitment Ltd.
- To attend staff meetings or reviews if so asked by placements.
- To ensure that the Company Policy on confidentiality is upheld.
- To be respectful and courteous when dealing with relatives and other public and professional people.
- To be prepared to undertake any aspects of care or non caring duties as requested by the Nurse in charge.
- To assist and facilitate in the welcoming and training of the new staff members.
- To work well within a team or alone and be able to adapt to new situations.
- To assist in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working Environment by ensuring adherence to the Companies Health & Safety and Welfare Policies and Procedures.
- Expected to work shifts at short notice
- Understand that hours are NOT guaranteed unless on a contract. Contract will not be issued upon request. Contracts are performance based and reviewed only once a year.
Qualification, Training and Experience:
NVQ level 2 Desirable however minimum 12 months experience is essential
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years experience within a UK care home or hospital.
Good communication skills, caring nature, reliable and an awareness of other people’s rights and choices.
Ability to work within a care team or alone and be able to adapt to various placements and situations.
All applicants must have training and experience with hoists and be able to safely operate.