We are currently seeking Registered General Nurses to work in a variety of establishments across the North East. We currently cover Hospitals, Nursing Homes and other private services. We are looking for flexible staff able to travel and adapt to new environments.
Main duties Include:
- To be responsible for the well being of service users within the Placement.
- To ensure that the physical, emotional and social needs of the service users are met, whilst helping them to achieve their full capabilities.
- To ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the Placement, in accordance with the policies of that company and the registering Authority guidelines.
- Act in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct.
- To assess the individual needs of service users and ensure that they receive the highest standards of holistic care and attention.
- To participate fully in the overall care of the service users as per the care plan.
- To give guidance and training to other staff and to provide clinical support as required.
- To be involved with service users activities both in and out of the Placement and encourage leisure pursuits accordingly.
- To assist in maintaining safe levels of care, monitoring standards of care and ensuring safe practise.
- To advise the General Practitioner on any concern regarding service users and keep him/her informed of their condition.
- To assist in the maintenance of accurate records in accordance with the registration and legal requirements.
- To help deploy staff efficiently in relation of duties to be covered.
- To be responsible for the safe administration of drugs in accordance with company policy.
- To supervise closely all duties involved with seriously ill service users.
- To assist in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working Environment by ensuring adherence to the Placements policies and procedures.
- Expected to work shifts at short notice
- Understand that hours are NOT guaranteed unless on a contract. Contract will not be issued upon request. Contracts are performance based and reviewed only once a year.